Friday, January 27, 2012

0 A new interpretation

BKF: (overripe-till-the-point-of-mush) Sweet Tentation pear steel cutters + sunflower seeds + cashew buter and more cashew nuts

Mid-morn: Ensure Plus (vanilla)

Lunch*: 4 kimchi dumplings, >1/2 Old School PB&Jelly Probar, >1/2 Korean Fuji apple, 1 sesame cookie

Dinner: brown rice, sutchi (so sick of sutchi (angry face), steamed bokchoy, chicken leek soup, 4 slices watermelon

*Lunch was a hodgepodge of randomness, because I didn't like pappy's food (there wasn't any left but even if there was I wouldn't have had it) and by the time I reached home is was half-past-two so I didn't feel like cooking up a storm. But after consuming all those junk (esp the sesame cookie), I felt a tiny tinge of guilt especially when considering the high amount of sodium and sugar, plus no veg. But I soon got over it.

I was quite excited about the PB&Jelly Probar, and the name 'Old School' invokes further nostalgia and cravings for this classic. Come on, who can say no to PB&J? But my anticipation gave way to slight disappointment. Not that it was bad in any way; in fact it was yums in all its glory - chewy oats, crunchy sunflower seeds and almonds, dried fruits pieces here and there - but it was nowhere as good as the cocoa pistachio (those choco nibs!). That bar set a new gold standard! The PB&Jelly bar lacked a distinct peanut flavour. More peanut butter would be appreciated. Nevertheless, I liked their interpretation of 'jelly,' in which raspberries and natural raspberry flavour was used instead of say, jam. Unfortunately, as mentioned, there wasn't enough peanut flavour to complement the raspberries.


Last time I used to eat by serving size i.e. I must complete exactly 3/4 bowl of rice, palm-size protein and x amt of veg, regardless of how hungry/full I actually was. However, now I'm beginning to eat by judging my satiety level, which is working out pretty well at the moment, because I realize my previous 'assigned' portions were not really satisfactory; it had room to include more. I should have made the switch earlier; maybe it was a routine that I feared to break out of, but I'm glad I did. The initial step is always the hardest. Now that the momentum's here and inertia is overcome, I'm not so staunch against changes.

Weekend's here, but no cheer for me. :(

No comments :

Post a Comment