Wednesday, February 6, 2013

0 Discharged

I'm a free bird! No more drips and needles and radiation and cold air-con and unappetizing breakfasts and back to hot creamy oatmeals! Though I shudder and the thought of the state of my flies and horrendous amount of lab work that's piled up in just 6 days

Hospital meals today were exceptionally good. I had Western full diet for both lunch and dinner. Lunch was "Grilled Chicken with Orange Veloute, Mashed Potato and Steamed Vegetables." The grilled chicken was the chicken chop kind which means it was fatty in some areas. Nevertheless, there were enough lean parts to fill my tummy. The orange veloute was not so much of a veloute but a sauce, but still, it gave a nice citrusy kick to the dish. The mashed potato came in the form of wedges instead, with skins on. It was nice in a sinfully salty way, though I tried to just eat the fluffy insides and avoid the fried outer parts. Dinner was "Seared Snapper, Salad Nicoise with Citrus Vinaigrette and Butter Rice." The seared snapper was awesome. Their version of "salad nicoise" meant carrots, green beans and yellow zucchini, which I don't see in what way resembled the real mccoy. Nevertheless all forms of veggies are good and I'm not complaining. Tmr's breakfast offered the seemingly appetizing option of "Hot Oatmeal with Peach Compote and Lemon Ricotta". After two days of Rude Health's Spelt Oaty's and bites of Larabar's Chocolate Cherry Torte for breakfast, I decided to risk having watery oatmeal again. Let's see how it turns out.

No comments :

Post a Comment