Tuesday, January 31, 2012

0 Tale of two


Delirious, I tell you. I strategically placed half of a Justin's Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Cup on a bed on steaming hot Sweet Tentation pear steel cutters, then poured the remaining layer of oats over it. You get the idea - choc + heat = melted puddle of choc. But it's not just any chocolate puddle, it's a chocolate puddle encasing an inner puddle of salt-kissed peanut butter, sitting like a golden orb in the center of a bowl of oatmeal. Finally reaching that layer is tantamount to striking gold! That sent shivers down my spine, toes curling in delight. Oh my! Even saying the word peanut butter cup is so cute!


...and the Campagne bread from Maison Kayser. It harks back to the (sample) bread I had at Whole Foods back in London - springy, holey innards in a chewy crust. I can imagine it going so well with EVOO and balsamic vinegar. Or soup. To let the bread and its texture shine, I had this simple with shmeared avocado, poached egg whites topped with blacked pepper and paprika. Bread at its epitome.

-

If there is one thing I learnt in CS&IT today in my half-awake state, it is the concept of decomposition, and more importantly, it's usefulness and applications in daily life.

-

I got two free mandarian oranges and a free fuji apple today! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment