Wednesday, November 30, 2011

0 Sock that eye!

Gross. I just found out today that I have pressure sores on my butt. And it's not just a minor sore; it's a flaking, discolored and large patch of dry skin, more serious on my left butt than on my right. I don't know why I only discovered it today and not earlier. I mean, although sometimes I do feel "butt pain" after sitting down for too long, I have never expected to develop a disgusting pressure sore! Initially it wasn't that painful, but after my itchy fingers tried to peel out all that flaking skin, the skin area now is quite tender, and a wee bit painful to sit. A sign of too much sitting and studying?

That horrid thing aside, I'm loving myself some wild Alaskan sockeye salmon, which I got 1/3 off from Waitrose. What's the difference between the premium sockeye and the regular pink salmon? First the observable differences - the flesh of the sockeye is a deep pink, bordering on red (hence also known as a 'red' salmon), while the flesh of the pink salmon is, well, a pale pink. The red coloration of sockeye (or red salmon in general) comes from its diet - krill, a type of small shrimp. Now comes the taste test. I've been mostly accustomed to having pink salmon, but now that I've tried the sockeye, I've realized how much I've missed out! The sockeye salmon has a richer, more assertive 'salmon' flavour, which explains its premium price. But really, it's so good!

Also, I've got heritage potatoes (fortyfold), and together with the salmon, I had my own version of "fish n chips" - baked salmon with hasselback potatoes and a side of roasted mushroom/veg mix. (The potato skin didn't crisp up as much as I would have liked to :(.) Also check out my wacky plate!


P.S. I might just do a spontaneous trip to Brighton tmr.

No comments :

Post a Comment