Thursday, December 1, 2011

0 I made it

...to Brighton that is.

An hour's train journey away is all it takes to get to the beach, albeit a ghost beach given the time of the year. Nevertheless, the wind (and showers) were great. Crunching along the pebbled beach and hearing the gulls cry their songs, I hardly feel that my exams are just less than a week away.

The shops along North Laines/The Lanes were cool too. Ultimately I did buy something, though not exclusive to Brighton - tea towels from Cath Kidston. The Cath Kidston store in Brighton is the largest one I've been too and it was a breeze shopping in there because it's not packed with people/tourists like the London outlets. Another shopping centre is at Churchhill, which has all the typical brands like H&M, urban outfitters, Hollister etc. The only reason why I went there was to hide from the cold and wind!

Also I had an amazing lunch at Iydea, located in the North Laines quarter. Originally I had planned to dine at Infinity Foods cafe but the menu and display didn't look enticing at all. Meanwhile, Iydea was bustling with activity - a sign of good food? I had the lunch set: choose 1 main + 2 sides + 2 toppings. My main was aubergine and tofu madras roti (vegan), sides were roasted carrots & squash and marinated red cabbage slaw w walnuts, with hummus and tzatziki. All for just £4.10 (takeaway)! Downside was I couldn't detect a hint of aubergine nor tofu in my roti (which is basically a tortilla wrap). The roasted vegs were divinely sweet and the slaw was yummers too :)

Now for some pictures!

Brighton pier.


Why do birds like to circle the pier? They were only exclusively at the pier and nowhere else


A pebbly beach [at high tide]


Lunch from Idyea. Apparently they got the 'Best Vegetarian Society approved eating out' national award in 2010! Looks like I made the right choice ;).


My only regret was I didn't get to do the Undercliffs walk and the Brighton Marina. It was raining on and off and the wind was blustery. The cliffs walk would take me off the city centre to Rottingdean/Saltdean, and that would be a pretty long walk!

No comments :

Post a Comment