Thursday, March 28, 2013

1 Cakes of all sorts

Chocolate or durian? Chocolate or durian? Choco-.... I was split between the equally tantalizing choices of a TortaPistocchi from Checkers@Hilton and the famed durian cakes at The Deli@Goodwood Park. I reasoned that since the durian fiesta will be on for a few more months, I should get the former. In the end, logistics decided fate; the chocolate torte was only sold as whole cakes and I didn't want a whole cake although no doubt it would be awesomely chocolaty ooey gooey good. Or probably too good that it will send me right to death by chocolate. So after depositing my cheque I walked to GWP. There I faced another decision: just get a slice of cake or the promotion combo (3 cakes + 2 puffs + 1 tartlet) for $35++. My only fear was that the combo would be an overkill and will not be able to be finished in time while the durian was still fresh at its peak. But I did the math and the savings were indeed quite worthy. Anyway, if I had to choose a single cake that would be another heart-wrenching decision. In short, I went for the combo. Typical Singaporeans like variety.

So before dinner I excitedly cut a slice of the pandan coconut durian cake (mum's choice) so that by after dinner, it would be just thawed and ready for indulgence. And indulgence it really was! Thick and creamy pure D24 durian sandwiched between two delightfully fragrant, pandan-infused pandan sponge cake. Phew! Actually I didn't really care much for the pandan, but I'm sure it's presence did highlight and bring out the durianness of the durian, if that makes any sense. The coconut flakes may appeal to some, but not me. I'm planning on having one of the puffs for breakfast tmr. Woo hoo! To thaw in fridge overnight.

1 comment :

  1. Hello! I realize this іs ѕomeωhat off-topic
    but I neеdeԁ to ask. Doeѕ buіldіng a well-establіshed wеbsite lіke yours requіre а lot
    οf ωork? I am cоmpletelу new to blogging but I do write
    in mу diarу on a daily basіѕ.
    I'd like to start a blog so I can share my personal experience and thoughts online. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate it!

    My blog post; Galaxy

    ReplyDelete