Saturday, February 16, 2013

0 For the love of cream and fluff

After all that fantasizing, I ended up having egg white whipped banana oatmeal for breakfast instead. After the consecutive days of experimenting with unusual breakfasts (i.e. other than oats), returning to oatmeal is like homecoming: comfort food at its best. However, that does not mean I couldn't tweak my basic oat recipe; I decided to incorporate my daily egg white dose into the oatmeal, which replaced the usual vegetable-based protein powder. Boy, what a wondrous decision this was! After the oatmeal based was done, I stirred in the mashed banana, and in the last two minutes or so, the beaten egg white. Vigorous whipping and stirring ensued, until the mixture thickened, puffed and fluffed to nearly twice its volume. Toppings included- protein nut mix, raisins & dates, and dripy sunbutter/tahini. It was a pity that I had to rush through this truly mind-blowing oatmeal bowl as I had to reach school by 7.45 am. Surely, more egg white oatmeals are to come...

No comments :

Post a Comment