Monday, December 10, 2012

0 Into the festive mood

Peanut Butter and Jenny

I got this cute quiz from Jenny over at pbandjenny. Although it's the 10th already and just 15 days to christmas (so quick!), it's not to late to start right? Here's the challenge:

To play catch up, I shall ponder upon two questions a day. For today, it's Q1 and Q10.

1. Your favorite Christmas movie
Although the number of Christmas movies that I've watched probably numbers more than my ten fingers, only a few stands out from my memory: A Christmas Carol and The Polar Express.

There's so much to love about the heartwarming tale of A Christmas Carol, based on the book by Charles Dickens. From the transformation of miserly Scrooge to a generous man, the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future, the white Christmasssy scenes (unlike sunny Singapore), and the music. Watching the film surely would inspire you to spread the love, kindness, and good tidings to everyone. It makes me want to watch the film all over again! In fact I just went to Youtube to listen to the theme song!

As for The Polar Express, I only vaguely remember the storyline since it was so long ago. The most impressionable part was again the music. Sometimes I watch films more for the music than for the storyline!

10. Favourite holiday scent
First thing that springs to mind is cinnamon, vanilla, and ginger(bread man). Roasted pecans, nuts, and the aroma of cookies freshly out of the oven! These scents are not just my favorite holiday scents, but they apply all year round too. I want to capture all these as a perfume for 365 days of use!

-

On a side note, I had the leftover amok trei for dinner, with brown rice dunked in to soak up all that gravy. The curry was so satisfying on this cold rainy day! I can't believe I'd actually whipped up something so delicious!

No comments :

Post a Comment